Top Ten To Look For In A Great Teacher
1. The teacher should have experience on stage and in the studio doing the job themselves.
2. Flexibility to try different avenues of creativity.
3. Strong background in basic vocal mechanics, no “voodoo” technique.
4. High degree of intuition used for both technical and emotional problems.
5. Willingness to tell the student the truth without being harmful.
6. Sturdy support system for the artist when he is in doubt.
7. Rigorous background in self study.
8. Flexibility in accepting the artists unique style of songs.
9. Strength to keep on the path when things get rough.
10. Willingness to get out and see the student on stage or studio.